Shimul Music Circle, popularly called as SHIMUL, is working to enhance the socio-cultural relationship and communal harmony through education, health, employment generation and culture. SHIMUL works in collaboration with Government of India, Government of West Bengal and Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
SHIMUL at a Glance:-
- Name— SHIMUL MUSIC CIRCLE
- Popularly called– SHIMUL
- Registered Address— 16C Bosepukur Road, Kolkata-700042, West Bengal, India
- Working Office— 98, Sarat Bose Colony, Kol-700078, West Bengal, India
- Phone– 9830733421, 9432280991, 9874585957 & 24054544
- E-mail– [email protected], [email protected]
- Registered as– Society under The West Bengal Societies Registration Act 1961
- Registration No– S/92666 of 1998/99
- GOI Registration- WB/2009/0019657
- Area of Work– Education, Health, Culture, Self Employment & Environment
- PAN No– AACAS5685G
- Bank Account No- 101/1214 of Syndicate Bank, Gariahat Branch
- 12AA Registration No– DIT(E)/S-129/8E/99/2007-08 dated 24.8.2007
- 80G Registration No– DIT(E)/212/8E/99/2007-08 dated 24.8.2007
- Total Employment Generation for Hostel:- Direct – 12, Indirect- 18
Our Ongoing Projects: —
Down The Memory Lane:-
- 1997 – Shimul was founded. West Bengal State Academy Award to Mousumi Roy.
- 1998 – Shimul got registration as society under the style and name of SHIMUL MUSIC CIRCLE.
- 1999- Matir Tane — Shimul organized first big cultural show in association with EZCC at Moulali Yubakendra
- 2000 – Seminar on SHILPIDER Aporadh Prabonata
- 2000 – Launch of new artist – Madhumita Pal
- 2000 – 3rd year completion – Scholarship to meritorious students starts with two students
- 2001 – Shimul Prakashani starts to publish books.
- 2002 – BCS Royal School and Crèche was established. Purobaiya Award to Mousumi Roy.
- 2003 – Sonar Bangla shop Inaugurated. Shimul Street Book Fair launches.
- 2004 – Foundation stone lay of Shimulchhaya Ladies Hostel.
- 2005 – HAT BARALEI BANDHU – Extensive Health Program for masses started.
- 2006 – SHIMUL HEALTH YATRA and SHIMUL MEDICAL CARD Launched.
- 2007 – SHIMULCHHAYA LADIES HOSTEL inaugurated. Mrs. Roy participated in 1st Indo-Vietnam festival at Kolkata.
- 2008 – Library and Music Club started at Hostel. Mrs Roy participated in 2nd Indo-Vietnam festival at VIETNAM also visited SINGAPORE.
- 2009 – Shimulchhaya Honoured on 8th March (International Women Day) by Kolkata TV, Red FM, Nicco Park and AIRCEL. Four mega Art workshop with South City, Army Wive’s welfare Association at Fort William, Russian Center of Science & Culture at Gorky Sadan, and with Ural India Ltd at Haldia. Mrs. Mousumi Roy Visit Thailand.
- 2010 – Computer Training Center with Internet, Gym and Common Room facilities started at Shimulchhaya Ladies Hostel.